[dwm] C coding question

From: Juanval <juanval_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 16:54:21 +0200

Hi there,

I'm revamping my C coding skills (in my university they just teach C++
and Java, and I had to learn proper C on my own :-S), and I'm reading
the dwm 4.3 as an exercise, as it seems a very elegantly written piece
of code.

And I was wondering why is Client defined this way:
------------------------------------
typedef struct Client Client;
struct Client {
    [...]
};
------------------------------------
Instead of doing it the same way as, for example, DC:
------------------------------------
typedef struct {
    [...]
} DC;

Are there any functional differences I am missing? To me, they look
like they do basically the same thing... :-S

Sorry if this question seems offtopic in this list. It's just that the
K&R book (I'm re-reading it now...) doesn't seem to say anything about
this kind of things, and I couldn't think of a better group of C
coders to ask this.

Thanks everyone

Regards