Re: [dwm] Console Music poll: cmus/moc/mpd

From: markus schnalke <meillo_AT_marmaro.de>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 21:34:41 +0200 (CEST)

> I've been working with cmus lately and am beginning to like. I'd like
> to take an informal poll of what console music people use and why.

I started with `mpd/ncmpc' but didn't liked the client/server-approach

Then used `moc' (mocp on Debian) for a while, but it was quite unstable
with adding large music directories over samba.

So I switched to `cmus' which was smaller though more featureful than moc
... but as I realized, that I only used few of the features, I dropped it

Finally I got stuck with `cplay' which I guess is one of the smallest
music players with playlist support and so.
It is only a wrapper for mpg123/mpg321/ogg123/... It just uses whatever
player it finds.

I feel perfectly comfortable with it and don't see any need to change
again :-)