Re: [dwm] key bindings / french layout

From: Xavier <shiningxc_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 23:30:12 +0200

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 09:33:55PM +0200, Marek Bernat wrote:
> Attached is my skdvorak keymap. I store it as
> /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/skdvorak.
> You will have to change the keycodes (e.g. <AC01>) to the ones matching us
> keymap (mine match "us(dvorak)"): look into /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/us,
> or whatever, to learn them. Or more simply, just copy the us keymap and add
> RAlt and RAlt + Shift symbols to it. Or use Xmodmap. Whatever you like more.

I see, thanks for the information, it's clearer now.
That's an interesting alternative, but Riccardo's Xmodmap already fit my
needs perfectly, so I just used that. I also like that it can be loaded as
simple user if I wanted to put it on other box.
Maybe that's also possible with a custom layout though, I don't know.