Re: [dwm] List of derived/customized/forked dwm versions

From: Don Stewart <dons_AT_galois.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:38:01 -0700

I'd consider xmonad either a 'child' or 'inspired by' dwm, as it and dwm
share no code in common, just design and ui ideas. Contrast this with
`awesome', which is definitely a fork -- it reuses the same codebase..

Most of the other dwm variants seem to be user configured dwms, not even
forks. (What would be simply part of the extension library in xmonad land).

I have a theory that dwm is the lisp of window managers: so simple that
people default to writing their own incompatible reimplementation, just
because they can. This means Anselm got it right

-- Don

gottox: