Re: [dwm] RESIZEHINTS broken?

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:37:44 +0200

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 06:20:29PM +0200, Jan Christoph Ebersbach wrote:
> On Tue 23-10-2007 17:33 +0200, Sander van Dijk wrote:
>
> > On 10/23/07, pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:
> >
> > > When did you find this feature useful?
> >
> > Don't know about Arg, but I think it has been useful ever since there
> > were apps (xterm for instance) that misbehave without it, i.e. always.
> > Having it optional (in tiled mode) would be ok, dropping it would be a
> > step in the wrong direction.
>
> Yes, that would be really annoying to not have it anymore. I.e. gvim
> displays only half of it's command line without RESIZEHINTS.

I think you misunderstood what I was talking about, but that
might be related that I was certain unprecise. So here is a
small clarification:

- removing the RESIZEHINTS macro means to drop the macro and
to handle the sizehints by default (due to the new gap-optimised
tile algorithm this doesn't hurts anymore).

- handling constraints means that if the stacked windows would
be smaller than the bar height, the maximised fallback is used.

Regards,