Re: [dwm] dwm-4.6 / dmenu-3.4

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 09:41:21 +0200

On 10/27/07, Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl> wrote:
> Thanks arg (and all contributors), unfortunately the new dwm segfaults
> on my computer. Since I don't know much about debugging C programs I
> cannot provide a backtrace or what not (unless instructed).

$ ulimit -c unlimited
$ dwm

<crash, creates dwm.core>

$ gdb dwm dwm.core
(gdb) bt full

That should do it as far as I know. If you don't start dwm from a
shell, you should put the "ulimit -c unlimited" somewhere in your
profile (it makes sure that core files are created when a program
crashes).

Greetings, Sander.