Re: [dwm] dwm-4.6 / dmenu-3.4

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 10:26:55 +0200

On 10/27/07, Arun G Nair <arungnair_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, hacking tile().
> > But I think it's better to face the fact that some apps need this.
>

> Do you know which ones need this ? I just have Firefox, pidgin (which
> still steals focus) and xpdf. All of these maximize filling the
> screen. Its just xterm. If anyone has a patch, please send it.

Most terminals do, gvim does, mplayer uses it to make sure that it's
aspect ratio stays correct. There are many more, but these are common
ones that are known to misbehave often when sizehints aren't handled
(xterm will often have its bottom line, i.e. the one you're typing on,
only partly visible because of this).
And like I said already, not respecting sizehints doesn't cause them
to actually *use* more space. The space that's wasted now is also
wasted when not respecting sizehints, only the appearance is different
(and sometimes the behavior as well, in a negative way).
Anyway, if you insist on disrespecting sizehints, suit yourself. I
believe the attached patch should do what you want, but I wrote it
without testing so your mileage may vary.

Greetings, Sander.