Re: [dwm] input status text bug?

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:41:51 +0100

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 09:28:33AM +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> I see the problem in the above code, and also believe that your
> solution is more correct. What scares me is, that it might seen
> as valid input if someone feeds dwm with for example:
>
> echo -n "foo"
>
> during while... but we can fix this. Please lemme know if your
> guess is correct through using the above fprintf-debug trick.

The question I see (apart from certain flaws in your patch)
after all is:

Do we really want that dwm's status text is displayed
line-based? Isn't it fine as is, that it even does not break if
input is feed without line-terminators?

If we decide for line-based input reading, one easily could
block dwm from further event processing through running

echo -n foo | dwm

I think that'd be a big disadvantage.

Regards,