Re: [dwm] RESIZEHINTS gone in 4.6, how to get the old behaviour?

From: Vasil Dimov <vd_AT_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 12:15:52 +0200

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 16:18:44 +0100, Sander van Dijk wrote:
> On Oct 31, 2007 3:43 PM, pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:
> > About the xsetroot 'fix' it's ugly as shit, the select border marks the
> > window borders remarking the 10-20px hole. btw i usually have a black root
> > on my Xwindows.
>
> It wasn't intended to be a fix, since there's no problem. The only
> thing it was intended to do was making things visually more appealing,
> which it does for the topic starter

Yes. I think you have unresolvable problem if your font's letters are
10cm wide, you have 80 columns and 807cm wide screen - whatever you do
you either waste 7cm or see the 81th column partially cut.

> since his bordercolor is the same
> as his xterm background color, as can be seen on the screenshot he
> provided.

Well, till now I used border of 0px (e.g. no border, this is on the
screenshot) which created some visual problems for overlapping windows,
but I ignored them (because I rarely have overlapping windows).

Now I set up black border of 1px and xsetroot -solid black. That way I
get the old visual appearing of the terminal and can distinguish the
borders of overlapping windows.

;-)

--
Vasil Dimov