Re: [dwm] RESIZEHINTS gone in 4.6, how to get the old behaviour?

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 08:45:12 +0100

Ok, sry for waking up the thread again.

I understand this reason, atm I have no time to study how hard is for the
xterm to handle moer pixels than the ones that fit on the buffer area. BTW

The PATCH for this is just the change the last argument to resize() to True,
this is where the RESIZEHINTS define stands for..

btw i continue saying that stetically resizehints is ugly and I really
didnt miss the space lost inside a client, so I prefer the old mode, and
i also prefer having light border colors for focused clients instead of
dark ones... all this kind of workarounds are really out o

so, i prefer to stop this thread here. Things will not change and it's
stupid to continue discussing about esotherical tips.

--pancake

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:15:13 +0100
Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl> wrote:

> Sander van Dijk dixit (2007-10-31, 16:12):
>
> > On Oct 31, 2007 3:55 PM, Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl> wrote:
> > > pancake dixit (2007-10-31, 15:43):
> > >
> > > :) Yes, it's a question of likeing on which side of the line space is
> > > being wasted.
> >
> > And of how much space is being wasted. When space is being wasted
> > inside of the window, it's gone, but when it's being wasted outside of
> > the window, at least other windows can make use of it. As I've said
> > before: with sizehint handling, *less* space is wasted than without
> > it.
>
> Very true. Forgot about that aspect.
>
> --
> [a]