Re: [dwm] input status text bug?

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 21:59:41 +0100

On Nov 2, 2007 6:37 PM, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 05:21:36PM +0100, Enno Gottox Boland wrote:
> > It doesn't work at all...
>
> Sorry, but I can't reproduce. It works correctly for me so far.

It seems to me that the call to fgets() blocks, that is, when it's
reading for example from a fifo, and data is coming in over that fifo,
it will ignore any events until it encounters a newline (the statusbar
isn't updated until it does, and it doesn't respond to keypresses and
such).
I'm not sure if that is what we want, but if it is, than I think it
should at least be explicitly documented somewhere (probably both in
the README and in the BUGS section of the manpage).

Greetings, Sander.