Re: [dwm] stacked cpt patch updated!

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 21:38:23 +0100

> Thanks for the updated cpt patch; I only had to change the default CPTH
> value.

I have updated the patch with a new function that allows to modify the Cpth
value on the fly:

        { MODKEY, XK_n, setcpth, "+32" }, \
        { MODKEY|ShiftMask, XK_n, setcpth, "-32" }, \

> There are a few things that could be made clearer / changed.
>
> 1. Your example configuration of '{ MODKEY|ShiftMask, XK_q,
> clientspertag, "0" },' conflicts with the default binding for quit.

You're right, I remove the mod+shift+q key of my config.h coz i never use this
functionality. I prefer to kill the X or just type 'pkill dwm'. btw i'll
change it for another value.

> 2. I understand that, for me to successfully use nmaster.c, I must
> include it before "Layout layouts[]", as stated in your documentation.
> However, what was not made apparent was that #RESIZEHINTS must be
> specified before you include nmaster.c. Therefore, I recommend you
> change the following:
> You should modify your config.h to include "nmaster.c" from it after
> setting the NMASTER, NCOLS and NROWS macro defintions.
>
> to this (or something similar):
>
> You should modify your config.h to include "nmaster.c" AFTER setting
> the NMASTER, NCOLS, NROWS, BORDERPX, and RESIZEHINTS macro definitions.

changed!

> This would make it a lot easier to compile dwm without trial and error,
> especially for a person like me who is not very familiar with C.

ok :) done

> Apart from that, thanks for the patch: it works well.

WHen using setcpth you can see that it's still buggy. but almost ok :)

ill fix these minor issues soon :)

> Sincerely,
>
> Antony Jepson.

  --pancake