Re: [dwm] dwm wish, a tidy-up function

From: Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 20:42:03 +0100

On 12/6/07, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> dwm is not intended being restarted that frequently which would
> justify tag persistence in an X property based way.

what about a store_state function (can be user defined in config.h)
that stores tag information in some way in X (or in a .rc file) and a
restore_state function?

for restore_state some kind of startup event handler is needed in
config.h (pressing keys for restoring is a bit uncomfortable)

a startup event may have other uses as well
so if there is a consistent way (with key bindings) to put it into
config.h then i prefer this solution and let the user solve the
problem
(what to do when widows are closed and opened before restore or when
tag names changed in dwm config, what info do we exactly want to
store...)