Re: [dwm] dwm wish, a tidy-up function

From: Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 00:21:46 +0200

On 12/6/07, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 08:42:03PM +0100, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> > for restore_state some kind of startup event handler is needed in
> > config.h (pressing keys for restoring is a bit uncomfortable)
>
> Only as a patch, not as mainstream functionality ;)

well i wanted to say that if it is solvable in "userland" then i'd go that way

of course a mainstream solution won't mess (much) with config.h

the DWMTAGS env-var + re-apply rules is fairly simple, but it won't
help me much since i don't have rules for most of the programs i use

"processing input as commands" is interesting, but.. put a parser in dwm?
either a *very* simple parser or scripting comes to mind (libdwm +
your fav language > shell hackery + complex parser)