Re: [dwm] [ANNOUNCE] dvtm - dynamic virtual terminal manager - aka dwm for the console

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 16:09:31 +0100

Marc Andre Tanner dixit (2007-12-08, 16:01):

> > This will be a little off topic, but ^A conflicts with one of the most
> > common line-editing operations (go to beginning of line in emacs mode)
> > so I always change it to ^G (bell, not much to miss) on my local
> > machine. I keep ^A on servers I administer, so that screens don't get
> > confused.
> >
> > Best,
>
> Ok, i will consider this, i didn't know about emacs usage of ^A i am
> using vim most of the time (no editor flamewars please).

No, of course not. I'm using vim for editing text files too, but I find
readline's line editing emacs mode easier (for example in bash and other
programs that use readline).

Actually I've always been tempted to learn emacs as well, but never had
a strong enough motivation. I think it is suited a little better for
editing multiple files, and there's also the Lisp appeal. Never enough
time though. And with learning Lisp I'll probably wait for the release
of Paul Graham's Arc[1].

Best.

[1] http://paulgraham.com/arc.html

--