Re: [dwm] Xinerama support

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 13:50:27 +0100

Recently I buyed a 20" 16:10 tft, and i really feel interesting to have
xinerama with dwm. Thinking about that I got the idea that we should just
store two variables:

  - selected tag for each monitor (static array?)
  - focused monitor index

This way we can add some functions over these concepts to switch focus
between monitors.

This would be really nice if you're going to use an external monitor or
a "projector" to give a talk, you can have different contents on each
monitor and work "out" of the view for the public.

What do you think about this behaviour?

--pancake

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 13:20:04 +0100
"Maarten Maathuis" <madman2003_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Rotating heads would also be desirable, so you can move task sets
> around your screens (to the primary one for example).
>
> Maarten.
>
> On 12/9/07, Maarten Maathuis <madman2003_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > Two bars, each containing the applications on that head.
> >
> > Personally i've been using per-tag layouts, so i kind of assumed that
> > as well for this situation.
> >
> > Think it of as combining two dwm instances in a smart way, so workflow
> > can be shifted from one head to the other.
> >
> > Maarten.

> > > That sounds like a simple solution, but still very similiar to
> > > aiming the multihead setup. But how to combine that with
> > > the bar and layout setup? A layout per screen, or a global
> > > layout? A bar on the first screen only or a global bar?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > --
> > > Anselm R. Garbe >< http://www.suckless.org/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361

  --pancake