Re: [dwm] Eagerly awaiting st

From: y i y u s <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:01:50 +0100

2007/12/11, John A. Grahor <jag_AT_techma.com>:
> Anselm,
>
> I'm eagerly awaiting the advent of st.
>
> I wonder if you would entertain the concept of "local line editing"?
>

> I ssh to many hosts at the far end of very slow satellite links and it
> is excruciating to type commands, etc because ssh doesn't have a "line"
> mode like telnet does. It would be nice if the terminal would support
> "local line editing" so that a line is collected up locally on the
> terminal and sent to the pty only when carriage return is hit. Any chance??
>
> Regards,
> John

Instead of "local line editing", I would suggest a hold mode ala
9term, with some copy-paste and mouse editing it turns your terminal
with ed into a full blown visual text editor. But once st is released
I plan to do a lot of experiments with that source and some of the
9term features (like this one) are in my todo list.

Greetins,

--
- yiyus || JGL .