Re: [dwm] dwm new message notification

From: Jeremy O'Brien <obrien654j_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:05:35 -0500

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 06:47:00PM +0100, Antoni Grzymala wrote:
> Jeremy O'Brien dixit (2007-12-11, 12:37):
>
> > Haha. You gave me this script before, and it was the one that I was
> > previously using. Worked like a charm! Unfortunately, IMAP works
> > differently and doesn't populate my ~/.maildir directory anymore :(
> > Thank you though! :)
>
> LOL, excuse my Alzheimer. Do you need to access Gmail via IMAP? I
> fetchmail my mail the usual way with POP3. Obviously it does not
> presever the mailbox layout in Gmail. Not really sure, what your needs
> are.
>
> Best,
>
> --
> [a]

Heh, no problem. :) I am accessing Gmail just fine using mutt and IMAP.
The problem I have now is finding a way to show the number of new
emails in my status bar like your script did so wonderfully before.
The solution that Martin Sander gave seemed adequate, but the script
failed. I'm assuming it was a typo somewhere :( I would like to start
using offlineimap too, as this seems to be the best of both worlds
(offline mail reading + supercool synchronization), but my net
connection at my house right now is crap, and downloading 500MB+ of
email is out of the question. So for now I think I'll just rely on
peeking at mutt every so often to see if I have no email. I can cope. :)

--
Jeremy O'Brien aka neutral_insomniac
GPG key: 0xB1140FDB http://pohl.ececs.uc.edu/~jeremy/jeremy.asc