Re: [dwm] Urgency hook?

From: Jeremy O'Brien <obrien654j_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:23:37 -0500

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 02:15:38PM -0500, Jeremy O'Brien wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 08:05:56PM +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 01:05:24PM -0500, Jeremy O'Brien wrote:
> > > Just out of curiosity, has anyone made a patch that puts a special color
> > > or some indicator on tags that have windows that set the "Urgency"
> > > window hook, such as pidgin or urxvt if setup correctly? And if not, how
> > > feasible would this be? Thanks in advance.
> >
> > I think it would be worth to add that hook for the tag bar in
> > dwm.
> >

> You mean you'd consider it as a feature?

Replying to my own post. How lame of me. As an added idea, "borrowed"
from xmonad, a function could be implemented that would select the tag
of and focus the last urgent window. This could of course be bound to a
keyboard shortcut. The added benefit of dwm though is that you wouldn't
necessarily have to deselect your current tag. You could just set the
urgent tag as visible and redirect focus.

--
Jeremy O'Brien aka neutral_insomniac
GPG key: 0xB1140FDB http://pohl.ececs.uc.edu/~jeremy/jeremy.asc