[dwm] text focus issues in java text fields

From: Albert Cardona <cardona_AT_ucla.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:45:53 -0800

Hi all,

I understand that java applications have to be run under
AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit, fine, and I do so.

What I don't understand is why I can type just fine into a JTextPane
when newly created,
but the moment someone else gets the focus and then I return back to it,
there is no way
to type text in it -despite the cursor blinking, despite being able to
select text in it and paste it elsewhere, despite being able to paste
text in it, and despite being able to even call the popup menu on it.
Typing just doesn't work anymore after being defocused only once.

Has anyone else experienced this situation? Is there any workaround?

Thanks for any help.

Albert

--
Albert Cardona