Re: [dwm] new feature proposal: cycle through specific windows

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:44:28 +0100

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 02:22:47AM +0100, Engin Tola wrote:
> Ritesh Kumar <ritesh_AT_cs.unc.edu> writes:

> >> See how tagging is intended to be used. To me it sounds exactly
> >> like what you propose as a feature.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>

> > I think Engin is asking about cycling between windows tagged with the same
> > tag when viewing a number of tags together... i.e. without changing which
> > tags are currently being viewed.
>
> exactly.

Hmm, so you will need to check the tags of the currently
selected window, and look for the next window with the same tags
in the global client list. This doesn't sound very complicated.
I could imagine one could do bind this to Mod-Shift-{j,k} to
have a correlation to the default focus{prev,next} functions.

Do you agree?

Regards,