Re: [dwm] dzen replacing dwm status bar

From: y i y u s <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 16:55:07 +0100

2007/12/23, Chris Webb <chris_AT_arachsys.com>:
> "Anselm R. Garbe" <arg_AT_suckless.org> writes:
>
> [Re: embedded windows]
> > I'd like to keep this complexity out of dwm. I really think to
> > provide a more flexible way to change the bar position and
> > geometry.
>
> One simple solution that might be sufficient: here I have two gaps
> defined, a top gap and a bottom gap. During the geometry setup, I add the
> top gap to sy and subtract (top gap + bottom gap) from sh.
>
> I guess if one could limit the dwm bar to a fraction of the width of the
> screen, there would also be space to the right or left of that for
> something like a dzen.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Chris.

I don't know if the code has changed or I don't remember very well,
but I think that you write the title and then the status message right
aligned, so having an status message (provided by dzen or whatever) in
the upper right corner and expanded to the left would be enough. The
only change I would propose is that when there is no status message in
stdin you don't have anything (instead of dwm-ver), but I don't see
the point of limiting the bar width, maybe I'm missing something...

Greetings,

--
- yiyus || JGL .