[dwm] patches for mouse usage

From: y i y u s <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:29:31 +0100

I have patched dwm for my personal usage, here are the patches:

dwm-4.8-snaptileds.diff
With this patch tiled windows don't become float with a simple
MOD+Click, but instead you have to move (or resize) over the SNAP
value. I think it feels more natural this way without adding any
complexity (it removes one loc). I would suggest it for inclusion in
main dwm.

dwm-4.8-buttonbar.diff (includes snaptileds)
It adds some functionality to the mouse buttons on the status bar:
Button1 to move the window (the pointer is wrapped to the upper left
corner), Button2 to zoom a tiled client or to tile a float one,
Button3 to resize (the pointer is wrapped to the bottom right corner),
mouse wheel to focus prev / next.
This patch is very useful when you use dwm one handed.

dwm-4.8-offwins (includes buttonbar and snaptileds)
This is a patch I find very useful with the gimp and to put some
windows (like irc) off screen. The pointer is wrapped to the nearest
corner of the window and when you focus a partially offscreen window
it is moved to be completely on screen. It goes back to its position
when you unfocus it. The pointer wrapped to a corner makes it easy to
move windows to the corner of the screen, where they are easily
accessible. I suppose very few people will find this patch
interesting, but give it a try if you want. I don't know how it will
work with xinerama setups.

Drop me a line for any comment. Have a nice weekend,

--
- yiyus || JGL .