[dwm] [ANNOUNCE] dvtm-0.2

From: Marc Andre Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 22:15:56 +0100

Hi,

I have released dvtm-0.2, it no longer depends on librote instead it
includes madtty which has better terminal emulation support.
So you only need a curses library to build dvtm.

Other changes include:

 * a select(2) driven event loop which should reduce CPU usage.

 * ability to minimize windows (only the titlebar will be shown)
   the corresponding function for use with a key binding is
   toggleminimize. Functions to select the next/previous non minimized
   window where also added, they are called focus{next,prev}nm.

 * an optional status bar which reads from a named pipe, see the
   included dvtm-status script for a use case.

 * a new fullscreen layout

 * sigterm handler, which leaves curses mode. Useful when you kill dvtm
   so you don't have to type reset.

 * Portability: i have compiled dvtm on Open and FreeBSD, there are some
   minor issues (OpenBSD uses some ugly window borders and the selected
   window border isn't red, on FreeBSD only part of the window title is
   red not the whole window border). Patches welcome.

To build dvtm on a system with wide character type:

 make unicode && make install

this generates a executable which is linked agains libncursesw.
Otherwise a plain:

 make && make install

should suffice.

I hope this release turns out to be pretty usable, so please test it and
report any failure or success stories.

  http://www.brain-dump.org/projects/dvtm/dvtm-0.2.tar.gz

Thanks and happy new year.
Marc