Re: [dwm] dietline - minimalistic readline implementation

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:31:21 +0100

Updats for dietline:

  http://news.nopcode.org/dietline.c

 * cursor support
   - move around the line with arrow keys
   - insert text inside the line from the cursor index
 * new keybindings
   - ^W - remove last word from cursor
   - ^H - remove a char from cursor
 * Fixups for autocompletion

Actually the autocompletion doesn't works well at all, but it performs
better than before. I have to implement the modular autocompletion
functions and after this I'll start refactoring the code to reduce LOCs
and dupped code.

I would like to make all the keybindings be configurable easily to
be able to add/remove or change the key interface in an easy way to
support vi mode and so. With some modifications would be effort-less
to write a text editor using this input-handling :)

BTW I expect to have everything done in ~500 LOCs

I don't exactly know how i'll handle special keys or utf yet, any tips?

--pancake