Re: [dwm] cycling through tags?

From: y i y u s <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:54:51 +0100

2008/2/1, Joerg van den Hoff <j.van_den_hoff_AT_fzd.de>:
> I'm thinking of the workspace-like situation where you view
> one tag-group of a certain index 1..9. then 'next' and 'prev'
> is rather well defined.

I was thinking about having something like a double array:
tagset[LENGTH(tags)][LENGTH(tags)]
where for each tag you define what other ones you want. This way when
you view a tag you also view all its partners, and you can add/remove
tags from that tagset.
I never implemented it but it should be easy and you could easily
define a viewnexttag and viewprevtag then.
The only problem I found is that you would need some sort of visual
indicator in the bar to know which is the "master" tag and that you
shouldn't allow to toggle the it.

> that's no good if I'm actually "only" a user of a nice window manager
> who needs to get other things done.

For some time, dwm has been almost bug free. If you really want to get
things done and not worrying about changes in dwm releases, you can
stay with an old version (now development is a bit stalled as Anselm
has pointed out in another message, but he usually makes new releases
very often).

Well, anyway, welcome to dwm,

--
- yiyus || JGL .