Re: [dwm] Xinerama and multihead support

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:41:15 -0500

Nicolas, i haven't seen this use case yet, but it's a good point.

I have hg tip running now and no crashes yet. I'm glad that i can test
arg's interpretation of this issue.
Well, now i'm sure david's version is beneficial, because it allows
you to control a lot only by tagging. It's natural and a lot simpler.

You won't need:

1. no new command (to move windows to another monitor).
2. no new memory in your brain (selecting a tag will bring everything
you associate with it to your view).

Perhaps it's only my limited memory;). I definitely don't easily
remember the tag AND monitor of the apps I'm trying to get on view.
But now it is like having 9 additional tags, all named in a confusing
way.

Now finally, my proposal:
Normally each monitor should show everything associated with the selected tag.
If there are multiple selected tags, dwm should regard these as one
monitor, so that we can use the whole capabilities of Xinerama. Here
you are, Nicolas.

hiro