Re: [dwm] visibility of focused windows

From: Joerg van den Hoff <j.van_den_hoff_AT_fzd.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 13:38:21 +0100

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 01:21:14PM +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 12:54:33PM +0100, Joerg van den Hoff wrote:

> > > monocle will be in mainstream dwm tonight.
> > > --
> > > Anselm R. Garbe >< http://www.suckless.org/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361
> > >

> > thanks a lot! this works nicely.
> >
> > question: why is `togglemax' gone? it sure is useful (despite
> > 'monocle') in the standard tiling layout for maximizing/restoring a
> > single window in turn.
>
> Well, I propose using setlayout("[M]") and setlayout("[]=")
> instead.

yes, I "discovered" this already (and without pestering the
list...). it sure helps do avoid the cycling through all
three layouts.

but that was not my point. sorry, if I have not been clear
enough: I really mean the old 'mod1-m' functionality in the
tiled layout: toggle maximization status of the focused
window. this is still desirable, despite availability of
"monocle", I'd say: maximize a _single_ window, do something
and shrink it back to its position in the tiling. it depends
on circumstances whether this is more (or less) suitable
than "monocle". I personally think a "maximize window"
option should always be available in addition to "maximize
all" (a.k.a. monocle).

I know you are approaching the self-imposed 2000 loc limit,
but maybe this can be relaxed a bit? :-).

best regards,

joerg