Re: [dwm] I like Dmenu a little simpler

From: mikshaw <mrblog_AT_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 06:20:13 -0800 (PST)

> I was expecting that the selected entry is fed to
> `exec' or
> whatever. simple question: what is supposed to
> happen and
> how do I use `dmenu' sensibly?

dmenu simply sends the selected text to stdout. It is
up to you (or your script) to decide what to do with
that text. This gives you much more freedom to use
dmenu in various ways. Rather than simply execute (or
try to execute) the string, you can apply it to
whatever you want, such as running an arbitrary
command using the string as a parameter.

Be a better friend, newshound, and