Re: [dwm] Different window modes on different workspaces

From: Christian Garbs <mitch_AT_cgarbs.de>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 02:57:30 +0100

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 08:50:55PM -0700, Jonny Gerold wrote:

> I have a very simple question. I just upgraded to 4.8. And I would
> like to know if there is a simple way to assign one workspace to be
> say tiled mode, and another to be float mode. I would like to use
> tiling on some of my workspaces, but am always pissed when I move to
> another desktop with a float that gets moved out of place.

You could have a look at dwm-mitch and it's patches, it uses
workspaces instead of tags and has per-workspace settings of layout
and mfwact.

http://www.cgarbs.de/dwm-mitch.en.html

It's only dwm 4.7, though. I don't have much time at the moment to
update it and with all the things moving and me only having a single
monitor setup, I think I can very well survive on 4.7 for the next
time :-)

(Although I want to try out two new layouts posted here some time ago,
 I think one of them was called "itile" or the like. Has anybody got
 a screenshot showing it?)

Regards,
Christian

--