Re: [dwm] [wmii] $MODKEY-t binding stopped working!

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 17:53:19 +0100

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 04:51:39PM +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

> > > Well, I consider a magic value for -y, e.g. -y b whereas b is
> > > transformed to mean from the bottom. This is because it might
> > > be valid to allow negative -x / -y values for some reasons.
> >
> > Thanks for your attention to this, Anselm. While not a great fan of
> > flag proliferation, how about adding +x and +y switches for the
> > opposite direction?
>
> Sorry, I was unclear.
>
> I was talking about
>
> dmenu -b 800
>
> this creates a dmenu with the bottom at 800 px, whereas
>
> dmenu -y 0
>
> creates a dmenu with the top at 0 px.
>
> I don't see the need for such treatment with x as well, because
> dmenu is basically a horizontal program.

Well I updated dmenu in hg tip, I decided against a separate -b
flag, but I decided that if the y argument is negative, this
means, that y is interpreted as bottom line, e.g.

   dmenu -y -800

creates dmenu wth the bottom at 800px.

I introduced one magic argument as well

  dmenu -y -0

creates dmenu magically at the screen bottom.

Kind regards,