Re: [dwm] A rather radical thought

From: Michael <misha_AT_netspark.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 20:27:11 +0400

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 06:04:26PM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> Well if it is not possible to view several tags at a time, two
> tagall/dropall functions could be considered to apply/drop a certain
> tag to all visible clients for convenience reasons.

But then after switching to another tag, I would still see those window windows,
which i marked in previous view, current approach is good because of lacking
such behaviour.

Let me be more specific, I use this feature when I want mix firefox and OOO, I
just apply for the current view two tags: doc and www, which is very logical.
I don't want to apply doc tag for firefox window every time I need to look for
something in web page, it will require too many actions, and i think it's just
not correct: I want only *view* specific tags, I don't want apply any of them.

Dwm is excellent manager, it has simple and powerful system of views and tags,
and you want to elliminate one of the degree of freedom in it, please, don't do
it.