Re: [dwm] Monocle question

From: yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 10:04:48 +0200

2008/4/4, Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>:
> On 4/4/08, Dashing <dashing_AT_hushmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I use monocle mode a lot, but I don't like how dialog boxes get
> > maximized.
> >
> > I noticed two versions for going through the clients exist:
> > * for(c = clients; c; c = c->next)
> > * for(c = nexttiled(clients); c; c = nexttiled(c->next))
> >
> > Why does monocle use the first and not the second?
>
> the idea was to use monocle as togglemax() which should work on
> floating clients as well
>
> imho monocle is a perfectly valid layout, not just as a temporary
> maximize in which case the second is more apropriate (i use it that
> way too)

I also think that the second mode is better. As a matter of fact,
that's what I'm currently using. If I want to maximize floating
windows I just toggle floating after setting the monocle layout.
e.g.: when I'm using gimp (which I do very often) sometimes I want my
draw window to be maximized having the toolbars on top of it, but if
monocle maximizes the toolbars windows it makes gimp unusable.
For me, a floating window means: "I don't want the tile algorithm to touch it".

my 2 cents,

--
- yiyus || JGL .