Re: [dwm] bloq may used to ignore keybindings

From: Asbjørn Clemmensen <func_AT_okejl.dk>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 16:30:24 +0200

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 09:52:54AM +0200, Kalle Svensson wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 08:37:23AM +0200, markus schnalke wrote:
> > tutorial for X
> > (uses `xmodmap' which is in package xbase-clients on Debian systems)
> >
> > in the .xinitrc:
> > /usr/bin/xmodmap $HOME/.xmodmaprc
> >
> > in .xmodmaprc
> > ! have CAPS_LOCK as second ESC
> > remove Lock = Caps_Lock
> > keysym Caps_Lock = Escape
>
> This does, for some reason, not work for me.
>
> When the X session starts the xmodmap rules have not been applied, though when manually executed they work fine.

I was experiencing a similar problem. Showed up that when using setxkbmap to
change keyboard layout, all xmodmap settings were removed. As I use xbindkeys
to launch setxkbmap, I just added "; xmodmap ~/.xmodmaprc" after setxkbmap.

> Maybe the gnome-settings-daemon (which is also exexuted in my .xinitrc) owerwrites this?

It does seem pretty likely that Gnome messes with it.

> Regards,
> KSV

Sincerely,

- Asbjørn