Re: [dwm] snapping bugs with multiple screens

From: David Tweed <david.tweed_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 16:30:42 +0100

On 5/4/08, Matthias-Christian Ott <ott_AT_enolink.de> wrote:
> But anyhow is there a reason why dwm still uses Xinerama instead of
> XRandR. [1] states that it's deprecated in favor of XRandR.
>
> > dwm is great software. Thanks!
> > -john
>
> Regards
> Matthias-Christian
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Xinerama&oldid=207577012

To my understanding at least the video card I last set up double
screens on a week ago isn't supported by any released XRandR but it
did have xinerama support. It _might_ have supported xrandr if I'd
tried hard enough but after initial failures and getting xinerama
working I wasn't inclined to do more web-page hardware patch diving.
So I suspect xinerama is deprecated in the sense of "We'll tell people
we don't want them using it" rather than "Anything you can get working
with xinerama can be done today using xrandr".

--
cheers, dave tweed__________________________
david.tweed_AT_gmail.com