Re: [dwm] sic ipv6 patch

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 16:33:36 +0200

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 04:02:51PM +0200, Sylvain Bertrand wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> > Hi Sylvain,
> >
> > any chance to let us agree on the MIT license for the IPv6 bits?
>
> Ok, make it all MIT ( 10 lines... :) ), but you should really consider
> GPLv3 instead of MIT, just because we don't live in a perfect world...
> really...

Thank you!

My licensing reasons are rather pragmatic, the reasons why I
don't use the GPL* are:

1) I don't understand it completely and in any detail. So I
stick to MIT that I know and understand any impact of it.

2) To be honest, I think that license violations in commercial
products who might use GPLed code are hard to proof if they are
done properly, so I believe that the GPL doesn't protect you
that much in the real world from license violation. It's a
different story in theory of course.

Kind regards,