Re: [dwm] sic ipv6 patch

From: Enno \ <gottox_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 19:57:43 +0200

> Define abuse? According to MIT/BSD, using the code in closed source
> products is not abuse, it's simply use. Since that does not in any way
> affect the freedom of the original MIT/BSD licensed code, it shouldn't
> be a problem. Unless, of course, you want to restrict the users of
> your code in what they can and can't do with it. If you want that,
> fine, that's your choice, but please don't try to sell it as
> "freedom", since that's simply not what it is.

Right. I like the GPL more than MIT, but I think giving others the
ability to change something without releasing its source is not abuse.
If I use MIT for a license, I have to accept that people will change
the license. There is not only the GPL meaning of freedom.

--
http://www.gnuffy.org - Real Community Distro
http://www.gnuffy.org/index.php/GnuEm - Gnuffy on Ipaq (Codename Peggy)