Re: [dwm] using bitaray for tags (PATCH)

From: markus schnalke <meillo_AT_marmaro.de>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 12:06:03 +0200

Premysl Hruby <dfenze_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> This is realization of Gottox's proposal discuted on IRC today.
> It handles tags not as Bool [], but as bit-array saved in int.

I read, that bit-arrays are not very portable between different
architectures. (It was in "The practice of programming", I think)

Maybe this is not relevant here; also I cannot recall the exact
explanaition, why one should avoid it.
Please check if there is any thruth in that statement.

Second, I want to mention, that bit-shifts might look really leet, but
_do_ obfuscate, what could be written much more clearly!

Please stick to _clear_ code.

meillo