Re: [dwm] getting rid of viewprev()

From: yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 18:44:49 +0200

2008/5/31 Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>:
> On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 05:43:36PM +0200, yy wrote:
>> Writing my patch to automatically see previous tags (attached,
>> extremely simple) I have noticed that you can get rid of viewprev() at
>> the same time that you simplify view(). The diff is attached too (the
>> only difference between both patches is an additional check in the if
>> statement in autoviewprev.diff).
>
> So the autoviewprev patch is equal to Mod1-Tab if the same
> view() is called twice?
>
> I tend to prefer the noviewprev.diff.
>
> Kind regards,
> --
> Anselm R. Garbe >< http://www.suckless.org/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361

Well, that's the idea. I find it very useful to temporarily see one
tag (mainly with the mouse). I realize that it is not an evident
feature and could cause some confusion and, though I have really get
used to it, this could be one of those things that fit better in a
patch (but I'd suggest everybody to give it a try).

--
- yiyus || JGL .