[dwm] In context of dwm 5.0

From: Scytrin dai Kinthra <scytrin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:25:23 -0700

Since the loss of DEFGEOM, which I enjoyed in terms of the ease of
setting up the basic parameters of display logic, attaining my
favoured setup has become a little obscured.

What would be the simplest way to define the status bar be only half
the screen width? My intent would be to use dzen for misc info
display, piping persistant information to dwm. I tend to jump to
different machines with different stups and having a particular setup
per host has become standard for me. Some have multiple displays, some
have one, some are wifi only, some are wired only, some are mixed,
etc...

I had poked around in drawbar() this morning, seeing about possibly
removing the stdin/status section of the bar or restricting the width
of the bar and could only deduce that (int)ww determined the width
bound of the bar, and the setting of dc.x = 0; determined the origin.
Am I correct in this appraisal?

I'm next hunting down patches for the various tiling logic rotations,
but I must say that I absolutely love the new layout vs monocle setup
similar to the which_tag vs all.

-- sdk
stadik.net