Re: [dwm] [OT] Which "dragon book": red or green?

From: markus schnalke <meillo_AT_marmaro.de>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 08:24:31 +0200

Charlie Kester <corky1951_AT_comcast.net> wrote:

> I'd also vote for the red one. It's a classic.

I ordered the red one now.

> But there are more up-to-date books on compilers, and there might
> be more easily digested introductions. It's hard to give good
> advice without knowing more about your purposes.

>> (I dont want the newest one from 2006.)
> what's wrong with the purple one?

I dont like these new computer books ... the old ones match much
better to me.

Of course, I didnt mention many details. The reason is, that there are
not many. I stumbled across the dragon books, which I was able to
afford cheaply. Then I felt the want to read a good book about
compilers. :-)

I made the experience, that it is never a fault to read these real
famous books ... even when you're not so much interested in the topic.
In any case, dont waste your time with stupid computer books ... get
one of the old classics and you have what you need for all your work!

Thanks for all advices

meillo