[dwm] A question about drawbar()

From: Mayhem 666 <maihem666_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:02:31 +0300

A friend of mine wrote the following shell code to display the date after
the window title.

while true
do
echo "[`date +'%a %d %b %H:%M'`]"
sleep 2
done | while true; do dwm; done

I was wondering if someone could point me to how i can manipulate the
drawbar() function to achieve the same result.
Studying the source code, left me kind of confused, and i dont know enough
about how system calls manipulate the standard streams.

Just point me how to print for example a simple text string after the title,
and i think i will figure out the rest.