Re: [dwm] Border on fullscreen WINE apps and tag masks

From: Alex Matviychuk <alexmat_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:22:42 -0700

>> xprop reads as follows:
>>
>> WM_CLASS(STRING) = "stalonetray", "stalonetray"
>>
>> In my config.def.h, I have this:
>>
>> /* tagging */
>> static const char tags[][MAXTAGLEN] = { "main", "web", "tmp", "sys" };
>>
>> static Rule rules[] = {
>> /* class instance title tags mask
>> isfloating */
>> { "stalonetray", NULL, NULL, 1 << 3, True },
>> };
>
> Hmm, try
>
> { NULL, "stalonetray", NULL, 1 << 3, True },
>
> instead.

aaaaaahhhh... super n0ob mistake. I was editing config.def.h not
config.h. Everything is working as it should using just the class
name.

> Please try attached patch for hg tip, if it fixes the issue for
> you, or change the similiar line in manage() of your version
> accordingly to recheck. It is very likely that WINE is b0rken.
> It might request border_width==1 on creation.

I tried out the patch and it doesn't seem to make a difference (it did
say hunk applied successfully when I patched, just saying since my
compile track record is shady, haha) . I also recompiled with borderpx
= 0 and that got rid of the border around WINE fullscreen, so I'm not
sure WINE is to blame.

Cheers,
Alex