Re: [dwm] Being not so elitist

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:26:40 +0200

Mate Nagy dixit (2008-07-29, 09:58):

>> "This keeps its userbase small and elitist. No novices asking stupid
>> questions."

> i wholeheartedly support these words.

>> Please discuss about removing, or altering that.
>> The reason is, that I met people who thought, that the dwm-/suckless-
>> community is arrogant. They refered to these sentences.

> fuck 'em

There seems to be a common mental problem a lot of (supposedly) gifted
hackers share. Exactly that particular kind of self-satisfied (or rather
self-reassuring) arrogance. Those familiar with Gentoo will have seen it
in ciaranm's rants, now on the webpage of the exherbo project and many
such places.

And you know what? Fuck them.

As to that particular sentence on dwm.suckless.org it does not annoy me
as much, as I find a dose of self-irony in it (perhaps I'm wrong).

However those reading it literally are, well... just kinda hilarious.

Best,

--
[a]