Re: [dwm] Asustek EEE PC 1000 Atom 1GB 40G SSD Linux Black

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 15:58:00 +0300

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Damjan Vrenčur <damjan.vrencur_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Still using X31 almost every day. On (road) trips it is always with me.
> Dirt, sand, rough handling ... and it is still alive. When it dies, I
> will definitely go for a used X4* or X6*.
> Two friends of mine bought eees (first generation) and I was not
> impressed when tried to use them. Smaller resolution than Xes and as I
> felt a lot smaller durability.
> For me X is small enough to go with me everywere I want it to go and at
> the same time big enough to do almost all things I want it to do. And with extended battery you get at least 5 hours of awakeness.
>
> Don't really know about specifications of eees but from what I saw and tested X31 is far superior in every aspect of usability. And it is cheaper.
>

> Antoni Grzymala wrote:
>> hiro dixit (2008-09-05, 15:03):

>>> What's the advantage compared to the thinkpad x series? Or is it just
>>> because of the price?
>>>

>> You can get a refurbished X41 (like the spaceinvader got) for about the
>> same price as the EeePC 900. For me the choice would obviously be an
>> X41, unless I *desperately* wanted something as small as the eee 900.
>>

> --
> Damjan Vrenčur | http://damjanvrencur.blogspot.com | GPG key: C6A3146F

right today i came back late in the morning after a lot of free
soublaki and retsina and in my bed I booted my x60s, probably to check
my mails, watch some porn or something, don't remember. I had it in
all timers off mode and therefore was quite dazzled by the light which
was coming from the display when I woke up again 8 hours later and
lying flat on the keyboard and display. I assume I was too pissed and
tired to use the fingerprinting sensor properly...
Thinkpads are definitely reliable...