Re: [dwm] Asustek EEE PC 1000 Atom 1GB 40G SSD Linux Black

From: Jason Thigpen <thigpen_AT_neuro.fsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 08:52:08 -0500

I too am considering one of these extremely portable notebooks. My own
opinion is that the ideal notebook is small, light, truly portable while
still being useful. I have been using a Del C400 as my main notebook
for a few years now and have been extremely happy with its
portable-ness. My biggest complaint is the battery life. Even after
replacing the aging battery it will not get more than 1.5hrs. It
currently runs fbsd, but have also use debian with similar results.
Even still, I am not convinced that a brand new notebook would have an
order of magnitude better battery performance.

Also consider that Dell just released a little 9"-er in the $350USD -
$450USD price range.

-J