Re: [dwm] Asustek EEE PC 1000 Atom 1GB 40G SSD Linux Black

From: yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 17:40:02 +0200

2008/9/5 Matthias-Christian Ott <ott_AT_enolink.de>:
> Kurt H Maier wrote:
> All the world seems to be busy (or at least pretend this) and therefore
> has to run around with mobile devices (mobile phones, laptops, ...) in
> order to do their "important" work. In my opinion these mobile devices
> are just modern today and people often just buy them and use them in the
> public for no reason, just to show who they are. It became some kind of
> status symbol.
> If your at an airport, just look at the screens of these "business
> men" - nearly nobody of them does serious work (or at least I got the
> impression). You can also observe this at internet cafes or railway
> stations.
>
> Matthias-Christian

Interesting. I'm thinking about buying an eee because I don't want
everybody to see my laptop. I travel a lot and I don't show my laptop
at airports and stations but give it use at the place where I go. I
have a 12" packard bell now, and that's my only computer at home (and
lots of windows boxes at work), and the computer I take with me when I
go some place.
Anyway, if you are going to use this small screen is another question,
but if you are going to do it, I think dwm is the best wm you can use.
I gave it a try hardcoding sw and sh to 1024x600 and using it for some
time. It is more than what I thought...

I will let you know what I think if I finally buy it,

--
- yiyus || JGL .