Re: [dwm] regression in 5.0.1

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 11:12:59 +0100

2008/9/6 bill lam <cbill.lam_AT_gmail.com>:
> On Sat, 06 Sep 2008, Anselm R Garbe wrote:
>> composition of all P* constants. Since PSize is never used in dwm's
>> updatesize() algorithm this change doesn't fix or change anything in
>> my opinion. If anyone sees an explanation why this change regarding
>> the blog entry could fix something, please let me know.
>
> I might test but please show me additional lines that can print value
> of size.flags to a log file.

fprintf(stderr, "size.flags = %ul\n", size.flags);

However, as I told, that won't give you more info, since PSize is the
4rth bit, and it is never checked and not included in any other
P-definition we use such as PMinSize, PMaxSize, PAspect etc. I don't
see why this could change anything...

> BTW I'm not proficient in C, is that || conidtion short-circuited?

See http://www.suckless.org/dwm/customisation/tagmask.html for example
which explains how bitmasks work.

And compare that with /usr/include/X11/Xutil.h where PSize is defined
to double check.

Kind regards,
--Anselm