[dwm] The tile and dwmii layout

From: QUINTIN Guillaume <coincoin169g_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 00:56:16 +0200

Hi,

I am using a eeepc 701 for some time now with dwm. As you know the
screen is very small and, when dealing with windows that have
resizehints in tile layout I get some problems. For example, suppose
that I have several (let's say 4 or 5) windows in a tag, and that the
first window of the stack has a resizehints that does not allow dwm to
set its height less than a certain limit. Then if this limit is more
than half of the screen height, I will be unable to see the others
windows on the stack. So I suggest that the lines 1441 to 1452 should be
replaced by

x = c->x + c->w + 2 * c->bw;
w = ww - x;
y = wy;
for( c = nexttiled(c->next) ; c ; c = nexttiled(c->next) )
{
          h = (wh - y) / n;
          resize(c,x,y,NOBORDER(w),NOBORDER(h),resizehints);
          y += c->h + 2 * c->bw; n--;
}

and the i variable is unused so it can be safely removed.

I apllied this little patch to dwm 5.1 and it is better now. I had the
same problem with my dwmii layout so i fixed it and it is a
little better now too.

Of course it does not change the situation when the resizehints window
is placed in the middle of the stack. To avoid this situation it will
take some LOCs. Will you accept ?

I have made some light changes to the dwmii layout. Tell me what is
missing to put it in the tutorial.

Kind regards,
QUINTIN Guillaume.