Re: [dwm] dwm + xft

From: bill lam <cbill.lam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:54:43 +0800

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008, Donald Chai wrote:
> bug. By "looks ugly" do you mean it's rendered with a different font, or
> that the font is improperly rendered?

look like 15x16 character printed on an old dot-matrix printer.

> I've checked with rxvt-unicode and FF2 (Iceweasel), and everything looks
> fine. If I go to http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%e5%ad%99%e7%87%95%e5%a7%bf, the statusbar and
> the FF2 text look fine.
Not yet applied your patch, dwm display this on the statusbar
Ko1m;Q - N,4pI42J!$<+3E*I42JA4Ji

I use en_HK.UTF8, I tried use some X11 chinese font but it still
display rubbish on the statusbar for chinese title. Is there
any method to display cjk font on the statusbar just using the X11
fonts?

--
regards,
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24